Friday, April 3, 2009

Canon 28mm-300mm

Yup.. Again I demand 1 lens for Mindef... I am excited to have 28-300 because this lens is L Lens... hahaha...This is a large and heavy lens at over 1.6Kg, for me it pretty heavy, It also covers a 12X focal length range, from medium wide angle to telephoto. The lens which is finished in Canon's off-white coloured metal and has rubberized zoom and focus controls. It comes complete with a removable tripod collar, lens shade and carrying case. The closest focusing distance is a very reasonable .7 meters at all focal lengths, and it takes 77mm filters.

There are four mechanical switches on the left side of the lens for focus range limiting, AF/MF, Stabilization On and Off, and Stabilization Mode. The rear lens mount features a rubber gasket for weather sealing (as do most Canon high-end lenses over the past couple of years).

This lens utilizes a push-pull zoom design. There is a friction setting collar just behind the manual focusing ring, but I usually find that I've set it either too loose or too tightly. This entire design is the same as last seen on the Canon 100-400mm f/5.6L IS zoom of a few years ago. I didn't care for it then, and I don't care for it now.

I wish 5D Mark II comes with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment